Hide your nose or how to Show it ?!
#how to get ride off blackheads
Hello my dears,
I'd like to share with you my beauty article that I have published in Holistic Living Annex. Though that you may found it helpful. Enjoy reading!
Blackheads are basically a kind of acne that is associated with dirt. The black dots are actually formed when dead skin cells and keratin block the skin pores. When the blockage of the sebaceous glands below the skin gets oxidised, they turn dark. Smog, scars hygiene and excessive use of make-up can aggravate the condition.
People often try to squeeze their blackheads using random cosmetic instruments or even their nails. However, it can hurt and is also likely to leave scars on your face. There are some who also believe that using abrasive scrub is the best solution. This method is also not encouraged as it makes your skin sore and inflamed, and sebaceous glands will end up producing more sebum, which will further aggravate the problem.
The best treatment for blackheads is regular skin care hygiene. Use a mild face wash that will help get rid of the excess oil and grime without stripping the skin of its precious natural oils. Having a balanced diet that includes fresh fruits and vegetables along with a daily exercise routine and drinking an adequate amount of water will free you from blackheads.
Here is a list of some other home remedies that can also help you get rid of them:
1) Use a natural scrub made out of honey and sugar. Honey contains anti-oxidants that can help nourish your skin. Add a few drops of lemon juice. This is perfect to dissolve facial oil and lighten scars. Apply 20 minutes before bath. Before washing it off, gently massage the face with sugar granules until the sugar dissolves completely.
2) Mix a quarter cup of hot water and a teaspoonful of Epsom salt with 4 drops of iodine. Leave the solution to cool. Then, use a medial-cotton ball to apply the mixture to the affected area. Wait until it dries off, then gently wipe the area with a clean towel.
3) To prevent blackhead formation, use a mixture made out of groundnut and lime juice. Mix a teaspoon of each and apply it on the face. Once it dries up, clean the face with mild warm water. Lemon juice rejuvenates and tones the skin, kills infection-causing germs and lightens blemishes due to its natural bleaching properties.
4) You can also use fresh lime juice and some grounded drumstick pods and leaves. Mix all of them properly and apply the paste on the blackheads. Remember to leave it on for 15 minutes before washing it away.
5) Make a mixture of warm water and tea tree oil. This solution will help reduce breakout since tea tree oil has the ability to kill the microbes responsible for the spread of infection. Adding a few drops of lavender oil to the water will help reduce acne and relaxes the mind and facial muscles as well.
6) Another remedy is a paste made from fresh fenugreek leaves, which can be applied onto the face for 15 minutes every night.
7) Grounded radish seeds also useful in ridding one of blackheads. Make a paste by adding water and apply on the affected area.
8) It is also a good idea to open the pores using steam. Boil some water and put your face over the pot to let the steam touch your face. Not only they soften the skin, once the pores are opened, blackheads can easily be removed too.
9) Make a paste out of red sandalwood and turmeric (5gm each) with some milk. Cover the affected area with this paste and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Turmeric is well-known for its anti-bacterial properties (also see Turmeric: One of Nature's Most Powerful Healer) while Sandalwood is widely used in Asia for its beauty properties.
10) Potatoes are also very effective for this problem (also see Potato Miracle to Combat Acne and Pimples). Apply a poultice made from grated potatoes all over your face and leave it for 20 minutes. Then gently wash your skin with warm water.
!!! GIRLS and BOYS I am running 2 fabulous GIVEAWAYS right now. If you want to participate:
A very GOOD LUCK!!!